Begin your relaxing ten minute hand reflexology treatment by pinching the tips of each finger and thumb of your right hand. Reverse and repeat this process on your left hand. The pressure applied to your fingers should be firm, but not painful. A few seconds for each finger tip will do.
1. After pinching the tops and bottoms of your finger and thumb tips go back to each tip and pinch them again, this time squeezing from side to side. Again, apply pressure, a little discomfort is okay. But, it is important not to inflict pain on yourself.
2. Combine steps 3 and 4 rubbing the tops and bottoms (above photo) and also rubbing the sides (step 4 photo) of each finger and thumb. Vigorously rub back and forth from the base to the tip.
3. Combine steps 3 and 4 rubbing the tops and bottoms (step 3 photo) and also rubbing the sides (above photo) of each finger and thumb. Vigorously rub back and forth from the base to the tip.
5. Grasp each finger (and thumb) at its base and tug firmly. Allow your grip to loosen slightly, graduating it from the base to the finger tip until your finger slips out of your grasp completely.
6. Using your thumb and forefinger firmly grasp the webbed area between your thumb and and forefinger of your other hand. Keeping a firm hold, tug at the skin gently until the fleshy web snaps away from your grasp. Repeat this process for the webbed-tween areas on all your fingers.
7. Rest the palm of your hand inside the palm of your free hand. Use your thumb to massage the back of your hand. Leisurely manipulate the knuckles and in between knuckle area first. Continue thumb massaging each area on the back of the hand.
8. Gently cradle your wrist inside your free hand. Use your thumb to massage your inner wrist. This is an especially soothing massage for anyone who routinely uses their wrists in repetitive movements (i.e. computer mousing).
9. Massage the palm of your hand with your thumb. Alternately you can use your knuckle to massage the fleshier mound areas more deeply.
10. At the end of your session press your thumb deeply in the center of your palm. Take a few cleansing breaths and center your being.
This is a opportune moment to relax, clear your mind, and focus on your healing intentions